Monday, August 17, 2015

August 10th-17th, 2015




Family!!

Wow what a dramatic week you all had haha. I am cracking up. It's hilarious because Mom and Dad send basically the same exact email but different accounts of every situation. It's hilarious. Then hearing Tara's side of Mom's dramatic reaction to no email, and then Mom's. Seriously hilarious. Sorry the email didn't come until the next day mom! I don't know what happened. Probably because you still use AOL.... I would seriously suggest gmail at this point haha. I'll include Tara in this one so just in case..... Glad to hear you're all doing well! Oh btw I don't know if I ever threw my vote in to the pool situation.... you should def get another. All of our classic family memories are in that pool!

Well such a great week here in the St. Louis YSA. We met a lot with recent converts and less actives and it's so great seeing their progress. Sister Walker and I, with the help our our Branch Pres have come up with a super good game plan to get our recent converts spiritually independent. We had a huge planning session with our Branch Pres and his wife and it was awesome. They are amazing people. (his wife is President Hinkley's granddaughter!) That has been a big focus for this branch, is retention. I think it's really important! Some of my favorite lessons are with less active members, because they all have amazing testimonies, we just have to remind them that they do!! I love the YSA branch.

As far as investigators go, we had great lessons with them this week!! We only had Dominique at church, she's progressing so fast and she has so much faith. She shared with us how much prayer has helped her and how she feels happier and it was one of the coolest things. I can see such a physical difference in her! Ahhh! I just love her. We met with Ashley and Zach a couple of times and they are still the funniest people I know. Ashley wants to have us over for dinner because she says she makes "real good mac n cheese" so we're excited. They're progressing and they have such strong desires to follow God. I'm proud to be one of Ashley's missionaries because she tells everyone "I LOVE ma missionaries!!!" haha she wants us to teach her mom and aunt and zachs mom, but since we're only over YSA, we're going to bring the Elders from their area to meet their other family. We're excited for that this week.

Just a cool experience this week: We were teaching Dominique in the cutest backyard in the city. Such a nice night, but getting eaten ALIVE by mosquitoes (small detail) and it was the first time in the mission where I was completely led by the Spirit.  I'm always prompted by the spirit in lessons, but that night It was 100% Heavenly Father. If you asked me what I said I couldn't even tell you. I gained the strongest witness of the Spirit that night. Everything that came out of my mouth was for her, and I could see how the words I was saying were affecting her. Like just such a cool experience. It reminded me of Doctrine and Covenants 33:8-9 that says 8 Open your mouths and they shall be filled, and you shall become even as Nephi of old, who journeyed from Jerusalem in the wilderness. 9 Yea, open your mouths and spare not, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your backs, for lo, I am with you. God is with us when we are sharing His Gospel and His truth. It was so cool!!!
Oh yeah we also had exchanges this week, so I spent a day in O'fallon with Sister Hayden! It was super fun. She knows my friend from Moab Daniel! (Devin you should tell him) it was crazy. It was so fun teaching families!! haha i'm used to only talking to people from 18-30. Good times. It is rural out there! So much corn and "flood plains" haha 

Did you guys share that video with someone? I'm following up! Share your missionary experiences with me! And remember, when we're being missionaries, God has promised that if we will only open our mouths, He will fill them.

Sheesh this week I am grateful for so much. One of the things we do when we're meeting with members is have everyone share their favorite scripture and why it's their fav and how it's helped them. I want to share Sister Walker's favorite. It's Doctrine and Covenants 50:23-25. Go read it, and remember that you can always chase darkness from among you!

Thanks for all the emails! Yeah dad, Gramps always sends me letters I love getting them!! PS you guys have my address so if you feel the need to send me a package just send it to my apartment. Thanks for all the love and support!! You guys are great!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment