Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 4th-11th, 2016





Family! 

So many things to tell you. First of all I'm getting transferred to a place called Mahomet Illinois. It's in the boonies of the mission and we're white washing in! (that's when we're both new to the area and will have no idea what's going on. aka what I did when we came to ysa aka the most stressful/great thing ever) My companion is Sister Grover (at least I'm pretty sure that's her name, I couldn't understand them on the phone haha) and she came out a little bit after me! We are going there because President wants someone there with "fire" because the area is struggling and apparently that's me......... i took it as a red head joke but whatever! (just kidding) I'm really excited to take what I learned here in the YSA and apply it in Mahomet! It will be good to have some change so i can keep progressing as a missionary and as a person.

Also this week we got to meet ELDER RASBAND!!!!! It was one of the best experiences of my whole life. Shaking his hand and looking into the eyes of someone who knows the Lord Jesus Christ so well was life changing. I feel so blessed to have had that opportunity. He talked a lot about how we are assigned to our mission and our areas of labor for a very specific reason. It's so true, the Lord has us where he wants us and we need to trust that. It was just so amazing. 

We don't have a ton of time because we have to prepare two areas for transfers! It's a crazy time. But I feel so blessed. I am leaving tomorrow so we had to say goodbye to everyone yesterday and talk about daggers to the heart. It was almost harder leaving the YSA than it was leaving Utah... no offense but I LOVE these people. It will be great though. Dominique has a date but I won't be here for it. She'll be taken care of though.
I love you all! Thanks for everything, talk to you next week!

Sister Broadhead




No comments:

Post a Comment