Wednesday, December 14, 2016

December 5th-12th, 2016

Sorry this email is later than usual, we were doing a big service project this morning. 

I don't even know where to start. Let me just tell you about the Ovitts and Christmas. So we were trying to get the ward to help out with their Christmas but it was too late we're pretty sure. So we were venting to our district about their whole situation and we made a whole game plan for operation Ovitt Christmas (OOC). I am SO EXCITED. We have the money from mom, and members give us money to "go out to lunch" a lot but we've been saving it for OOC. Also we were going to do a gift exchange in the district but instead we put our funds towards OOC and we have a large sum of money to get them gifts! SO excited. Also, the elders that had this apartment before us were clearly piles, and there's like little basketball hoops and a mini Foosball table and stuff that we're giving to them. Christmas is gonna be awesome. As far as their teaching goes, they are doing so great! We gave them a primary CD so they could know some songs when they come to church and now we have opening and closing songs. They love to do Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam and we hop up every time it says "beam" even Jerry participates it's soooo funny. The first time we put on the CD the song that came on was I Feel My Savior's Love and they had the strangest reaction, they just got up and hugged their grandma and listened to the whole song. I was basically crying. They loved it. They came to the Christmas party and members were literally congratulating us on getting them there haha. We love them so much :) I had to stand in line at the Christmas party with those girls for FORTY FIVE MINUTES to see Santa. If that's what parenthood is like, I'm out. They were like sitting on the floor so impatient it was so funny. 

We also had great lessons with Bruce this week, he's been sober for like 25 days now! We're so proud of him for quitting. Next step, he's got to quit smoking! It's gonna be a long road for him, but he wants to get baptized and he's totally changing his life. He's the best. He's like an old cowboy and he was burning all his old documents lolol didn't know people did that. But he let me wear his cowboy things while we helped him. Being a missionary is SO FUN. 

We had another Stake Conf this weekend, and the Stake Center is like an hour and a half away so we decided to watch the broadcast at our building with some other members. We get there and the broadcast is NOT set up haha. People are just chit chatting and not even worrying. Time comes for it to start and one guy is scrambling trying to set it up and it's not working at all haha. So we sang Christmas songs for like an hour until he gave up and just called the Stake President and President Lewis put his phone on the pulpit and the guy put his phone on the pulpit and we listened to Stake Conference via speaker phone. Good times. We could hardly hear, but it was cool to see so many saints straining to hear the words of their church leaders. We had a less active come with us and he just kept leaning over and whispering quite loudly "this sounds like air traffic control! I have no idea what's being said!" I just nodded and put my finger up to my lips to shush him hahaha i was cracking up because mom always did that to me and i hated it. 

Basically time is flying. I blink and another week goes by. I hate it. I want to be a missionary forever. This is the first day of my last transfer and I'm literally depressed over it (well not literally, I'm still quite happy.) Sister Ball is so cute and at night when we're laying in bed she'll be like "how are you doing with the whole going home soon thing?" and I'm like "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I'M IN DENIAL NEVER BRING IT UP AGAIN!" She's like "okay sorry!" hahahaha we are besties. 

Have a great week family. I'm so grateful for all of you. I know as sure as the sun is shining that God lives. That he KNOWS us. He sent His Son because He loves us. There is no other way back to the Father except through the Son. I'm so grateful for the Savior of the world!! Remember to #LightTheWorld this week!!!!! 


--
Sister Broadhead 

No comments:

Post a Comment