Friday, December 2, 2016

November 14th-21st, 2016



Dearest Fam. This week was incredible. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

We're still figuring out the area, we are LOVING the ward. The members here are truly the Bee's Knees. We've still been sifting through investigators that the elders had and finding a bunch of our own. So... secret is out... I've kind of been struggling with teaching people here. I keep going through the thought process of "maybe I'm just a sucky teacher" or "maybe it's just because I'm training a new missionary and it'll get better" or "maybe it's because the Elders found them, and not me, so I don't have the same connection" Moral of the story I haven't felt like I'm in this area for them. Usually I find people and i just KNOW I'm in the area for THEM. SO that's been in the back of my mind. When one day I was looking at the ward list and this name just stood out to me so much. Another spiritual 2x4 to the head. I was like "we have to go see the Ovitts." So we drop by randomly and they welcomed us right in. There is an older lady, Sister Ovitt who is blind and so freaking adorable. Her son, Jerry, lives there to help take care of her and stuff. He also has twin girls that are the exact same age as Chloe and Gracey and remind me of them so much. Their names are Lily and Layla.  The grandma is less active because of health but loves the church and listens to the Book of Mormon every day. Jerry has been less active since he was a teenager, but is really open right now. He is divorced from the girls mom and is just kind of unhappy. The girls are 9 and so stinkin cute. The second I walked into the door, I knew my purpose is Warrenton is for this cute family. Jerry agreed to take the missionary lessons with the girls and try to grow his testimony. The girls have never learned anything about God or Jesus Christ so we are teaching them the basics too. After the lesson we were asking the girls questions to make sure they understood and they were getting them spot on! I looked at their grandma and the look on her face of pure joy just overwhelmed my heart! I know she has been waiting for this for years. I love them so much. We're also teaching Bruce, the "old drunk" but he's doing great! He came to church and loved it. This other adorable family, the Higgins, came to church too. Brother Higgins was baptized 5 or so years ago, but fell away. He is trying to come back and we're teaching his 10 year old son, Dominic. He also has a 7 year old son, Noah. I just love everyone here. I can't even handle it.

I also love this small town! This family in the ward has some cows, and one of them gave birth to a calf and it was like the most exciting thing in town! Everyone was going over to see it and take pictures of it. They invited us over to see their cute new cow. It was born on Sunday so I think they should name it "holy cow." Lol. 

Life is sweet, people. I LOVE THIS WORK. I ALSO LOVE YOU. TALK TO YOU LATER.


No comments:

Post a Comment