Tuesday, January 24, 2017

January 16th-29th, 2017 MISSION ACCOMPLISHED




Hello family. I can't believe this is my last email to you. I don't even know what to say really haha. 18 months goes really fast. I have to express all my gratitude to all of you for the constant love, support, and encouragement. Most of all I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father and my Savior for allowing me to serve here for the past year and a half. As you know, I could stay here and be a missionary forever, but I know that's not the Lord's plan. There has been a lot of ups and downs, miracles, conversion, crazy people, laughter, humidity, sweat, tears, ice, and LOVE. 

This week was a blur as usual. We taught some great people. We had 3 less actives return to church this week. The Ericksons, Sister Ovitt, and the Harrisons. I love each of these families SO MUCH. Brother Erickson is legit the coolest. He's gonna cook me squirrel today because I want to try it before I leave. They always give us juice when we're there in really expensive nice glasses haha. Brother Erickson made us have a toast with our juice and said "to the Lord!...when he comes again." It was so great haha. I love crazy old people. The Ovitts have found permanent residence in my heart. Lilly wrote in her journal that she thinks the Book of Mormon is awesome. They are the most amazing kids. We taught old Jimbo, and Bruce, and Mary Ann. Pretty much every single person we're teaching whether they be less active or investigating are trying to quit smoking. Brother Higgins and Sister Harrison set a goal for being quit this Sunday since that's the day I'm leaving Warrenton. Pray for them! I know they can do it. Sister Harrison brought her grand kids to church, and 3 year old Lilly was sitting by me and leaning on my arm, she sneezed and farted simultaneously and I'm pretty sure everyone thought it was me because you couldn't see her head above the bench. ugh. We are just working so hard and I'm really putting off accepting the fact that my time is drawing to an end. Not a lot of time today, because I'm going to the temple. But we had a great week. 

Saying goodbye to these people will probably be the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I've been holding it together pretty well until today. St. Louis will always be sacred ground to me, my heart will always be here. I found God here, I found myself here. "for whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." Christ is the reason!

AREAS: St. Louis YSA, Mahomet, Fenton, Warrenton

COMPANIONS: Walker, Whitmarsh, Shontell, Holland, Grover, Christensen, Bishop, Hulme, Nelson, Ball

PEOPLE that changed my life: Dominique, Chance, Haley, Kurt, Sonja and Dennis, Nick, Morefields, Ande, Raji, Kayla, Caleb, Jim, Justin, Ovitts, Erickson, Harrisons, Higgins and soooooooooo many more. 

My heart is overflowing with gratitude. The experiences I've had here are so sacred to me. They say that your most important convert is yourself. I am completely converted to the Lord Jesus Christ. His gospel is who I am now. I've seen Him in the recovering addict, the repentant sinner, the broken family, in the pages of my scriptures, and felt his constant love every day. My mission will continue forever, my purpose will just slightly change. I have faith in the plans the Lord has for me, I'm excited for the future. I will see you on Monday! XOXO 

 "know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and glory in it. do not glory of myself, but glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeaand this is my glory, that perhaps may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." 


for the last time,

Sister Broadhead







No comments:

Post a Comment