Monday, September 28, 2015

September 21st-28th, 2015




Hello Family!!! 

So last week was crazy, as you know. But let me just tell you the miracles we saw this week were incredible. I know without a doubt that the Lord is guiding His work here. 

Sounds like you guys had a good week!! I'm so grateful for you guys and all that you do to support me. Mom, we did go inside the arch and it was awesome!! It's basically a clothes dryer that you ride up in haha. I was having a dramatic time as you can imagine. I was also spying on the Cardinal's warming up because you have a great view of the stadium in that arch! Dad, let me know about UPD! Oh btw Dad, my district leader's dad is a cop too, and we think you two might know each other. We think you both went to the academy in LA around the same time! His name is Elder Jimenez..... do you know anyone with that name? I figured it was a small chance but it would be cool if you did. Tara gets the award for the funniest emails lol. It sound like Dev's wedding is making progress! So awesome! And Dustin is still the coolest cat on the block. You guys are awesome. 

OKAY. So yeah we started this week just so motivated to find new investigators. Like our area is HUGE of COURSE there are people here between 18 and 30 that are prepared for the gospel. So we were just going to all the campuses (which btw there are like 30 colleges here, so weird) and contacting sooo many people. We weren't having tons of success. So we get home one night exhausted, still with a teaching pool of zero.... when out of the BLUE SKY we get a text from DOMINIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE'S BACK!!!!! Haha she said "Hi I would like to come to church on Sunday, I'll need a ride. I would like to meet with you on Friday at 5 if that's okay with you and I would like to have a date to be baptized." We were like WHATTT!!! Sister Walker and I just looked at each other and started laughing/crying we weren't' really sure haha. It was amazing. Sure enough she came to church, we taught her the Plan of Salvation, she came to the Women's Conference (which btw SO AMAZING) and she wants to get baptized! She's making great sacrifices to get baptized too, I won't go into too much detail but she has so much faith, she knows this is the true church, and she's willing to sacrifice for baptism. SO AWESOME! And we received a bunch of super solid referrals last week that we will meet with this week. It was just so amazing. Ok so another cool thing, as you know we dropped our investigators so last week during a time when we WOULD have been meeting with them, we stopped by Dominique's house to see how she was doing. We just talked to her briefly yadeeyada. This was before she texted us. So then when we were meeting with her I asked her why she wanted to get baptized. She said when we stopped over to see her she was reminded of the spirit she felt. She remembered that she wanted this, wanted a remission of sins, wanted the Gospel. Words can't describe how thankful I am to my Heavenly Father for making this all happen. It's His work. 

So yeah we had an awesome week! It was crazy, such an emotional roller coaster haha. We've seen so many other miracles too, like so many of the less active members we've been meeting with are coming to church, and it's amazing to see the branch rally around them, to watch how the church is designed to function... work! The Lord's church is designed perfectly, all the auxiliaries, leadership, everything is just perfect. It's for our benefit. We have such an easy path back to our Father.  

The theme of our week has been Mosiah 2:41  "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the BLESSED and HAPPY state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may DWELL with GOD in a state of NEVER ENDING happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." 

I love you guys, have a great week!!! xoxo

oh ps something funny, there's a girl named Haley that is being taught in her family ward, but she's YSA age and so she comes to the branch and we've gotten to know her pretty well. But her baptism is coming up and she asked me to SING at it hahahaha! So hilarious. Idk why people think i can sing, but instead I asked if Sis Walker and I could sing in a quartet with the other sisters that are teaching her. She said yes, fewf. Lol

Sister Broadhead


No comments:

Post a Comment