Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October 19th-26th, 2015

Family! 

Hello! We had a super good week. My new companion is Sister Whitmarsh, she is fresh off the plane! She's from Australia so she has a hilarious accent. I'm perfecting it. Literally everything she says is funny because of her accent.... she doesn't think so but I still laugh. It's been a little stressful being responsible for the area haha! But it was surprisingly the best week this area has had in a while.

Dominique is still good to get baptized next week! Let me just tell you how excited I am for that. I think about it all the time and have dreams about her getting baptized I just love her so much. Shelly wants to get baptized but is lacking support from her family and so is hesitating to set a date. I have faith she will pick a date soon. We had a really spiritual moment this week with her, I told her if we knelt down right now and asked Heavenly Father if she should get baptized that He would say yes. So we did it! The spirit was so strong, it was a really emotional moment. I said after much silence "did Heavenly Father say yes?" She laughed through her tears and nodded. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. I know that he does if we have real intent and are listening/looking for the answer. I'm amazed every day at the faith of our investigators, and of their intent. They understand what we are offering them, and if an investigator has any real intent in them, they'll want what we're offering. We're still teaching Zack and other Zach and they're doing good, working through some things though. We got 2 new investigators this week!! #miracles

Sister Walker and I were walking through the mall last week and met the COOLEST lady named Kaye, we called her this week and taught her and she wants to learn more. However she is a little past the YSA age cut off. But she had a daughter when she was really young so her daughter now is YSA age. Long story short we are going to teach them both while coordinating with the Elders of the are she lives in. But she's seriously the coolest person ever. She told us about all the hard things she's been going through and she is the most humble and loving person I've ever met. Sometimes the people I meet here teach me more than I could ever teach them. There is truly happiness in the little things, there is no happiness in materialistic things or things of the world. But if we have our family and a relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, truly what more could we need? Ok I'm getting off my soap box. But she's legit so awesome.

So our other new investigator... a couple weeks ago we were trying this less active member who we have never met because he is alwaaayss gone. But we ran into his roommate Trey! He was the nicest guy, in the air force, just a real genuine guy! So last night our dinner appointment got cancelled and I was like well shoot I didn't make a back up plan! #mybad So I said a little prayer in my heart so my new companion would think I know what I'm doing (I don't, it's fine, she doesn't need to know lol)  and then I remembered Trey! In my head i'm like "you idiot Sister B why haven't you followed up with Trey yet, go see him!" So we texted him and he was home so we went! He is seriously so cool! We got to know him and where he's at with religion, he was so open about it but then kept saying "stop trying to convert me Sister Broadhead!" Hahah I was like "I'm just trying to find out where you are!" (obviously trying to convert him lol) He kept saying how he doesn't believe in God because nobody can prove it, we can't prove it to him and all this stuff. So I shared with him some experiences that can't be explained with logic and can only be explained with God. But I told him he was right, nobody could show him God he would have to just try it out for himself. I testified that nobody can take our spiritual experiences, what I know is mine and nobody can take that. ANYWAY this is getting lengthy but it was just awesome. He is now reading the Book of Mormon and committed to come to activities hahahaha. It's too easy.

So yeah those were some cool experiences we had this week. OH YEAH this other hilarious thing happened. We had to go to a different ward's missionary correlation to figure out some stuff for Dominique's baptism/wedding and AFTER they asked us to help with their ward chili cook off lol! So we had to judge all this chili with the Elders in this ward and let me tell you how I don't really like chili and had to try like over 20 kinds hahahaha. It was so funny because one of the Elders who is an Assistant to the President was taking it soooo seriously and was just bossing me what to write about the chili to me and the other AP i was laughing so hard. Such classic times.
I know after this week that the Lord qualifies the called, He truly does. I was so nervous to train a new missionary but it's all working out. It just requires some extra time on my knees :) btw dad to answer your question people do still call new missionaries greenies. But I try to be hip and trendy so I just call her Baby G. 

Mom - thanks for sending the package! you rock
Mom and Dad - Holla at you for ponderizing! 
Siblings - I love you 

Have a great week! I love you lots and pray for you daily. Thank you for all the love and support and prayers on my behalf. We are hastening the work in St. Louis and it's the best thing I've ever done! :)

Sister Broadhead



No comments:

Post a Comment