Monday, November 23, 2015

November 16th-23rd, 2015

Hello Fam!

I just love you guys. I love reading your emails. It sounds like life is good in Utah! Speaking of............ I miss that place and how warm it is! I realized Utah winters are honestly semi ward compared to this place! It's FREEZING here hahaha! You were all telling me it would be cold and I secretly doubted all of you thinking "Broadhead children don't get cold, I'll be fine." I'm humbled! This week was the first cold week, and it's just getting colder haha. We were tracting and it was actually super beneficial because people kept letting us in because of how cold it was #victory. We tracted into members and they were like "it's amazing how the breeze just cuts into ya isn't it?" It's honestly hilarious. Like I just laugh at how cold it is. Anyways that's my novel about the weather.

This week was great!!!!!!!! We got to teach all our peeps, I just love them. Dominique's baptism is for this coming Sunday and if all goes as planned (cross yo fingers) she'll FINALLY get baptized. Sheesh that poor girl has had to wait so long, I'm so excited for her baptism! She asked me to speak and I'll probs just cry the whole time, I love that girl. Kurt is progressing soo fast towards baptism it's crazy. He has so much faith, this week he learned what the Word of Wisdom was before we had the chance to teach him what it was and he didn't quite understand it, but he said "i'll just pray about it, it will be fine" hahaha He has SO MUCH FAITH. So we're going to teach him that tonight :) Shelly is doing great still too. So is Kori, Samuel, Trey, and Kaye. We got 2 new investigators this weeeeeeek #holla

OKAY. This week I learned you don't need ears to feel the spirit, and the spirit knows no language. We taught Samuel who is deaf, and it was the coolest experience of my life. Sister Whitmarsh knows some sign language so they could communicate that way, I would just write what I wanted to say and he would write back. He told us a lot about how hard his life has been, it honestly broke my heart into 5 million pieces. But at the end we asked him to pray. He had never prayed before in front of people, he said he always just prays in his head because he can't speak. But he signed his prayer and the spirit was so strong. I had no idea what he was saying but I know he was thanking Heavenly Father for sending him the gospel. He has so much love for the Lord. Yay Samuel! I'm so excited to teach him again.

This week we had more drama mama with our car. We dropped it off to get fixed this morning and the Frontenac Sisters picked us up, so we're emailing from a different library and it's weirding me out haha. It has been hilarious going tracting and saying: "Hi! We're missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We go around and teach people about Jesus Christ. We believe the same church that He had when He was on the earth has been restored through a prophet! Do you have a church that you go to? Also do you have a blue Mazda because you're parked next to us and can you also jump our car?" It's soooo funny hahahaha.
This week one of our investigators asked us "what is the biggest thing you've learned so far on your mission?" I was really thinking about that. Here is a list of what I've come up with so far... in no particular order

1. EVERYTHING is in the Lord's hands. It's His work and He'll take care of it if we work hard.
2. Time is limited and it goes by too fast, if you're not smiling you're doing it wrong.
3. Girls have a lot of hair.
4. 6:30am comes really fast.
5. The scriptures really do have all the answers.
6. Our Lord and Savior knows what we're going through. His arm is extended, He wants to help us, and He loves us more than anyone ever could.

The list could go on forever. I love this work, it makes me sick thinking about how fast time is going. I love the Lord and I love my family. I've been blessed with the best. Have a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Broadhead

No comments:

Post a Comment