Tuesday, December 22, 2015

December 14th-21st, 2015




Dear Fam,

This week was so great! I CAN'T BELIEVE DEVIN IS MARRIED!!! Congrats. I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. I loved all the pictures and stories.

I AM SO EXCITED TO SKYPE. So the plan is, we are going to our skype appointment at 12:30pm our time. So whatever time that is in UT.... that's the plan. I hope that gives you enough time to do service. I did the best I could planning. It's been interesting working two areas and being in a family ward! I haven't seen kids in 5 months hahaha. Sacrament meeting is SO LOUD lol. So yeah my new companions are Sister Shontell and Sister Holland. We have such a great time hahah we laugh all day every day!! It will be great to spend Christmas with them. Yeah the Zone Leaders let me know when the package came and I went and got it. Shout out to Nana! We are going down to my old apartment to check the mail so if anyone sent anything I'll grab it. That mostly applies to G'pa since he is the only one who actually send me mail. I think that's all the business I needed to take care of with ya'll...... so in other news

KURT GOT BAPTIZED THIS WEEK. It was so great and so needed haha. Looking back I realize how blessed I am. He asked me to speak at his baptism and it was such a spiritual and humbling experience for me. I am so grateful to have played a small role on his path to eternal life. All week we were texting back and forth of how many days left until his baptism! Hahaha the day before he texted " #25hours " ..... we text in hashtags. I honestly can't describe my joy. That's what I spoke about at the baptism, is how the gospel brings us "exceedingly great joy." I LOVE THIS STUFF PEOPLE. So yeah. It was a really great week. We visited with a lot of people. Some in the Frontenac Ward, some in the YSA. I think Heavenly Father knew how stressed I would be, and how alone I would feel with my companion going home, that he gave me ANOTHER MEMBER REFERRAL! They had us over for dinner to meet her and she is so cool. I don't know, it doesn't seem like a big deal. But it was honestly exactly what I was praying for. Heavenly Father has very specific ways of showing us he loves us, answers our prayers, and that he knows what we need. I don't think it's a coincidence that Kurt's baptism was the exact same time as Devin's wedding, I would have been so depressed to have been missing the wedding, but instead was filled with joy and love for the gospel.  I loooove my liiiiifeeeee.

So yeah. I'll see you guys on Christmas. Remember the real reason for the season. I have been thinking about how everyone is so kind, generous, and cheerful at this time of year. Why is that? Because people are thinking about Jesus Christ. Think about if people were thinking about Him ALL THE TIME. Every day, every time of year. The world would change.

I love you, pray for you, and I'm excited to skype! Think of all the questions you could possibly have because I'm obvi not very good at answering them in emails lol. LOVE YOU


Sister Broadhead



No comments:

Post a Comment