Monday, December 14, 2015

December 7th-14th, 2015



Hey Family!

We had a great week. First and foremost, let me just tell you that I have discovered a musical ability I didn't know I had (and I still don't think i have but other people keep telling me that I do....) I sang in 3 musical numbers on Sunday and President Blair asked us to do another next week. WHAT IS HAPPENING. Kurt is getting baptized on Saturday, I am SO EXCITED. He is so coooool!!!!! He asked me to speak and his baptism and I'm pumped because I don't have to sing! (why do people keep asking me to do that lol)

So some sad news, Sister Whitmarsh is going home. She's been dealing with some mental health issues that she would rather battle at home despite the resources here. She will leave on Tuesday and I'll be in a trio with the sisters serving in Frontenac. I'm a little on the stressed side because essentially I'll be covering the biggest area in the mission by myself haha. The Frontenac sisters are amazing though so they will help me as best as they can! It will be interesting working 2 areas because we'll also have to cover Frontenac. It will be cool though because that's the extremely rich part of St. Louis! Like real talk Nelly lives there (mom and dad ask Tara who Nelly is) Like he really lives there we know where! Tracting anyone????? So yeah. As far as skyping on Christmas goes... i don't even know yet because I don't know where I'll be. I'm working on moving out of the apartment today and figuring how to work both areas so I'll let you know next week. Sorry!!!

But we were able to meet with a lot of people this week it was awesome. We taught our investigators and they are doing awesome! We need to get Dominique baptized before the end of the year. Heaven knows when she will finally get married! We got a new investigator this week from Liberia and she is SO COOL. She was telling us about how she's here because of war, and her and her family were refugees. When I hear stories like that my heart breaks!! I love the people in St. Louis, they go through so much. We also have been meeting with this member who is just coming back to the church and he has been through SO MUCH. He is totally making a come back and getting back on the straight and narrow. I just feel so much of what Heavenly Father feels for them and it's honestly one of the best parts of being a missionary.

It sounds like you guys are doing good and having a good Christmas season. I can't believe Devin is getting married that is craaaaaaazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sending so much love from St. Louis. thanks for all you do, I love you guys!

Sister Broadhead

No comments:

Post a Comment