Monday, December 14, 2015

November 30th-December 7th, 2015



FAM BAM.

Hello! I hope you all had an awesome week. Parents, I got the package! Thank you so much! We hung our stockings and they are the cutest things I've ever laid eyes on. Mom, you done good. We put the presents under the tree #stoked. Sounds like you  guys are doing good. Dad I noticed the label was all official and awesome! Shout out to Fed Ex! So cute to see pics of the Christmas tree, but why did you saw it in half lol? I was dyyying. 

This week was sooo awesome. Our gators are doing awesome! It is finals week for some of them so they've been busy. We were able to teach Kurt twice and he is straight on his way to baptism. I am amazed by his faith, and his diligence in learning the gospel. We saw Dominique for a hot second when we stopped by her work to give her Christmas cookies. She has been buuuusy busy busy. But she'll get baptized one of these days. Mom I'm so grateful for what you sent her in the package, she will love it! 

This week we saw so many miracles with some members that aren't active. I can't remember if I told you guys about this guy Michael, we stopped by to see him a while ago and had the funniest encounter with him. Such a long story, ask me on Christmas. ANYWAY, he hasn't been to church in 7 years, but he's the nicest guy and he just needed someone to come find him. He loves to go to activities and he feels the love of the gospel, and that's what is bringing him back. We have had so much success with less actives like him here. President Blair is counting them as a baptisms lol because they really are like new members of the church, we teach them the lessons and everything! 

We have been going crazy with the Christmas Initiative. We have met so many cool people through it!!! People are so receptive this time of year. We go to the many college campuses and talk to so many people. We ask them if we can watch the video with them right then and there, it's a powerful experience and it's so cool to see their attitude change from when we first stop them to after the video. Yay Christmas!!! We won a competition for contacting the most people so we got to smash pies in our zone leaders faces. It was so satisfying. I don't know why humans like to smash pies in other humans faces.... but it was fun. 

We just had an awesome week! The work of Salvation is truly hastening in this area and I'm so grateful to be a part of it. It's so rewarding to have members come up to us at church and be so excited to tell us their friend is coming to the Christmas party, or that they handed out the Book of Mormon we gave them, doing missionary work through members is the best way to do it! So this is my round about way to challenge you to do missionary work and invite our neighbors to participate in Christmas traditions with you!!! 

I'm not sure what the Skype schedule is like. We have Zone Conference this week and so I'm sure we'll find out more instruction from President Morgan and I'll let you know next week. I'm sure we could do it in the afternoon if you guys are doing service! Dustin was wondering about 3 way skype so you guys should figure that out soon aka before Christmas day. It will be great! 

I love you guys! Thanks for all you do, and for all the love and support. I am so grateful to be here and to be serving. Jesus is the Christ, this is His restored gospel. I'm ponderizing Isaiah 9:6 this week and thinking about what all those names mean to me personally. The church is true! Talk to you next week xoxo

Sister Broadhead


No comments:

Post a Comment