Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 16th-23rd, 2016






Dearest family. 

We had the best week of my whole mission! The 2 baptisms on Saturday filled my soul with joy. We had to go 2 hours early to fill the font and Dennis and Sonja also came that early because Sonja was really nervous. We had a good time waiting with them though haha. Sister Christensen and I both got inside a size 5x jumpsuit, I wish I would have gotten a pic. Never seen Dennis laugh so hard. So Dennis baptized Sonja, it was the coolest moment of my LIFE. One of the Elders baptized Nick. It was seriously so great. Both Sonja and Nick are married to members, and both families are SO excited for the temple, which is the ultimate goal. At the end Sonja, Nick, Emily (Nick's wife), and Dennis (Sonja's husband) all bore their testimonies and I was just crying haha. It was beautiful. Dennis has changed just as much as his wife. He said he got baptized in 1999 and was only active for about a year, he said "today feels like my baptism too. I'm so grateful to be back in the church. It feels like a family, I feel like I'm home. I believe in Jesus Christ, He is my Savior." Bring on the tears. I have been SO grateful for the opportunity to "thrust in my sickle" in Mahomet. I love this place. So sad to leave them, which brings me to my next news. 

I'm getting transferred. On the way to the baptism, President Morgan called us, and asked me to be a Sister Training Leader. It's kind of the equivalent to a zone leader is the best way to describe it. I'll go on exchanges every week with sisters and give trainings at Zone Conferences and stuff. I feel SUPER unqualified for this but... here we go! I'll be in Fenton, MO. That area was part of my area in YSA, it's like 20 minutes away from St. Louis. It's a great area! My new companion will be Sister Bishop who is the bee's knee's. We jokingly asked President Morgan if we could be companions one day, it was like 6 months ago haha but it happened! It's pretty sentimental because i'm replacing my trainer, Sister Walker! She goes home today. I'm excited. So we don't have lots of time, tons to do getting ready for transfers! Leaving bright and early.

Mom and Dad have a fun and safe trip! Thanks for all you do! I'm sending that box today so look out for it, or have Tara look for it. I love you!!!!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment