Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 20th-27th, 2016


Yo Yo Family!!!
Thanks for your emails! I AM DYING OVER THE FACT THAT DAD IS IN ST LOUIS!!!!! So weird. Even more weird because we're going to the city for Pday.... Ahhh!!! You're like 5 mins away so so so weird. Enjoy the humidity while you're here haha. Will you have time to meet Kurt or anyone I love dearly? Maybe you and Kurt could go to lunch!! Ahh! That would be so awesome!

We had such a blessed week. It was a week full of challenges for all the leadership in the mission and it was SO FUN. We had to do some crazy proselyting things. Like pretend to be lost and ask for directions and then share the gospel with them. It was so funny, but kind of sad because everyone was so nice and we were just lying! They were like pulling up google maps and showing us haha. We won that competition with 71 points. We also had to like pass out Book of Mormons using ridiculous phrases like "we're all in this together" or "we're all witnesses" good times good times.

We got to teach Kayla <3 we taught her this week at the RS presidents house because she has a couple teenage kids around Kayla's age and it was seriously so cool. There was like 10 youth there and we were all gathered around their huge table and I just felt so blessed! They were teaching me. I can't believe how strong their testimonies are at just 15 or 16! They are amazing. I am SO EXCITED FOR HER BAPTISM.

So Shannon's family is moving and so we were helping them pack one day and they only have 3 days to move so it's been crazy. But after we packed for like an hour and a half we told Shannon we had to go, and that we understood if she didn't want to have a lesson that night. But she insisted on having one. So we sat Indian style in her living room because there was no furniture haha and taught her boyfriend (andrew) her sister (katie) and her daughter (cameryn). Shannon got baptized when she was in her 20s so like 16 years ago and has been less active for a long time. She was crying, and asked us how she can feel that spirit again. She wants this for her family so badly, she knows it's true. It was one of the most tender moments of my whole mission. Andrew has had really bad experiences with religion and wasn't super open at first, but we asked him to say the closing prayer and he didn't really want to. But Shannon, still crying, said "think about the things we need this week, think about we want, please pray. You will be the Priesthood holder in this house." The he prayed!! It was so tender and amazing and i love them with my whole soul. Then she said "sisters, I need you to collaborate and come up with things we can read that can help us." Instantly Alma 32 popped into my head. I whispered it in Sister Bishop's ear and she said "the spirit told me the same thing." Just one of many examples of the Holy Ghost being the homie. 

Okay sorry for the long email! Last week was so hard for me for some reason. Sometimes Satan works really hard to make us feel like losers haha. I have found so much solace in prayer. I love the Savior and I'm so grateful He lifts us higher than we ever think we can be. There is so much peace and joy in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love His gospel! I love proclaiming it. This is His church and we are preparing for His second coming. I freaking love being a missionary so much.

TTYL

Sister Broadhead 











No comments:

Post a Comment