Friday, July 15, 2016

June 27th-July 4th, 2016



Hello Family! 

Hope trek goes well and there are no crazy wind storms like last time! It will be a cool experience for you guys, I'm excited. Hope you enjoyed St. Louis dad! It wasn't too humid while you were here so you lucked out! 

This week was a blessing. I got to see 2 families from Mahomet, they came down for various reasons and took time to say hello and I was so grateful. The Morefields and the Waishnoras. I love them both dearly. I also got to go to lunch with KURT. So fun to see him again!! He was telling me all about his trip to Nauvoo and how much he loves the temple and how excited he is to receive his endowments in January. It makes my heart happy with how well he's doing. Sonja also emailed pics of her at the temple and i about died. I have been able to teach the coolest people!! Kayla is still excited for her baptism on the 16th. She bore her testimony on Sunday and it was the best part of the whole meeting. There is another teenage boy who has been taking the lessons for like years, his family won't let him get baptized until he is 18 which is in August!  He is so excited. He also bore his testimony and it was incredible. We started teaching another part member couple and they are SO COOL. Rodney is less active and has been for about 20 years. Geri, his girlfriend is the sweetest. These are the people who I accidentally walked straight into their house one day (can't remember if I told you that story) but we actually have a great relationship with them because of that! They finally agreed to take the lessons and I am just so happy. I love them. 

The fourth of July was soo fun! We went to a parade with some sisters in the morning and it was so cute and fun! Then we went shopping with them, then we got to go to a members house for a get together! Basically the entire ward was there. We didn't have to proselyte the entire day and I kind of hated it. I was getting antsy haha. There are no such thing as "illegal fireworks" here so their firework display was crazy. A few tipped over and shot at me and of course I dramatically screamed and hit the deck faster then you could say Jackie Robinson. I told everyone the story of the "safety blanket" catching on fire when I was young. They cracked up. 

We got a new mission president this week and he is amazing! President Bateman. We're excited to see how the mission changes over the next few months. He's a great guy though, his wife is so great, and they brought a cute 13 year old daughter named Sydney. 

That's all that's new this week! Things are great. I'm so blessed to be here serving, I have witnessed many miracles and have truly seen the hand of the Lord every single day. I love this gospel and I love all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment