Monday, September 26, 2016

September 19th-26th, 2016



Family. This week has been CRAZY. So first news, transfers. Sister Bishop is leaving and I'm so sad! I'm crying just typing this. There are certain companions that are meant to change your life. She's definitely that companion. I am eternally grateful for the things she's taught me, the friendship she's given me, and the sweet memories we have laboring in the Lord's vineyard. So I'll be getting 2 companions. We'll be in a trio here in Fenton. At first I was upset because trios complicate everything, but I'm choosing to have a good attitude about it! I guess President Bateman wants me to train 2 new Sister Training Leaders. I think because with the way transfers work out, like 5 STLs had to get released this transfer, then next transfer the rest of us, so he needs some new ones trained. Lucky me, I get two! It will be good.

This week was the bomb diggity. I'm pretty sure I told you about Justin last week, he is AWESOME. We taught him again and he continues to have life changing experiences with the Book of Mormon. He needs baptism in his life. He feels so much regret and pain for his past, and I know the Savior can take that away if he covenants to follow Him. He came to church with his little baby and LOVED it. He soaked it all in. We also had a great lesson with Lee. He almost dropped us this week. We stopped by and he tried telling us about how this church isn't for him bla bla bla the same usual speech. But we said "give us 10 minutes to read the Book of Mormon with you right now then tell us how you feel." He agreed. The spirit told us both Alma 32 so we read it and needless to say, we're still teaching Lee. I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON.

We also did service at American Legion which is this big facility for veterans and they do fish fries on Friday nights. So we make up the plates and take them out and it's SO FUN! Everyone loves us there! This is the second time we've done it and we seriously love our American Legion family. Judy is who I sent a pic of ❤ It's SO SO fun. We were praying the WHOLE time that somebody would ask us about the church so we could fulfill our purpose and we could talk about it in a way that didn't make them uncomfortable and make them think we just wanted to preach at them. FINALLY we were about to leave and Judy and Jim asked us about our missions and about the church. Prayer answered.

I love this work. I love this ward. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ most of all. I'm grateful for the things I'm learning here and the person I'm becoming. Ultimately my quest is to become more like Him, it's because of Him that any of this is possible anyways. Take care! Love you tons!




No comments:

Post a Comment