Sunday, October 30, 2016

October 17th-24th, 2016

Hellooooo family! We had a really great week. So much has happened! 

John came to church again! I was so shocked. Justin is doing okay - he is still battling a lot of addictions. Sonja is doing good - adorable as ever. Her mom Heike is doing good too. I just love that whole family. We found a new family! Chrissy, Hunter and Haley. Can't remember if I told ya'll about them last week or not. Basically we are teaching really cool people and it is depressing that the transfer is coming to an end! Only 2 more weeks. 

Things I learned this week:
-Heavenly knows his children. We had president interviews this week and President Bateman taught me something that was a direct answer to my prayers. I told him through teary eyes because I was so shocked at how direct it was, and something I had only prayed about privately to my Heavenly Father. His response: "that only came to me this morning, and I haven't shared it with anyone else. It was for you. Heavenly Father knows you Sister Broadhead." 

-Life is better with a companion. Heavenly Father has blessed me with some of the sweetest companions around. I love that I have gotten to serve with 9 (so far) amazing sisters. God did not intend for us to be alone, I'm grateful to share the experiences I have with someone else. Some day the companion I have will be eternal. (gulp) 

-We choose who we are, who we become, and what we do with our lives. Agency is a powerful thing. We can choose how to respond to each situation, good or bad. We are not a result of our circumstances. We can choose to be Christlike, full of love, obedient, worthy, happy. Who we are lies in our hands! 

-for every door I knock in this mission, a convert is baptized in Mexico. (true fact) 

Life has been good. We are happy and healthy. I have been reflecting a lot on my 6 months here in Fenton. It has been so amazing. The midwest will always be hallowed ground to me. Love ya'll! Thanks for all you do! See you in 3 months!!! (double gulp) The church is true, the Lord loves YOU! 



--
Sister Broadhead 

No comments:

Post a Comment